AC3E ofrece Posición Postdoctoral
The Advanced Center of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, AC3E, is looking to hire highly qualified individuals as postdoctoral researchers with extensive experience in the following line of research: Control and Automation
The Advanced Center for Electrical and Electronic Engineering (AC3E) was created on 2014 to group individual research efforts into multi- and inter-disciplinary teams and re-focus research towards industry related problems to spark innovation. The center is hosted by Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, in Valparaíso, Chile, one of the top engineering universities of Chile.
The mission of AC3E is to contribute to the advancement of knowledge, technological development and competitiveness in technology-based economies by achieving excellence in research, forming advanced human resources, and fostering innovation and technology transfer in areas of societal and industrial impact through the field of electrical and electronics engineering. Additional information about the center can be found at www.ac3e.cl and the university can be found at www.usm.cl
Line of Research: Control and Automation
We are interested in carrying out research in the area of Intelligent Transportation systems. In particular, we want to focus on the development of Control and Communications techniques applied to the deployment of platoons and their interaction with different environments.
It is desirable that the applicants have a demonstrable background in Control Systems, System Identification and Wireless Communications. Additionally, other areas of Electrical and Electronic Engineering will be considered, including:
• System Identification (Continuous-time system identification, Sampled data models, Applications, etc.).
• Nonlinear Systems modeling and control.
• Fault Diagnosis and Prognosis.
• Networked and Distributed Control Systems.
• Performance Limitations and Control Design.
• Control of Partial Differential Equations.
The research will be conducted in direct collaboration with the researchers of the Control and Automation line.
• Dr. Juan C. Agüero, UTFSM (Line of Research Leader).
• Dr. Juan Yuz, UTFSM.
• Dr. Marcos Orchard, U. de Chile.
• Dr. Alejandro Rojas, U. de Concepción.
• Dr. Eduardo Cerpa, UTFSM.
• Dr. Francisco Vargas, UTFSM.
1. Curriculum Vitae.
2. List of academic productivity (publications, books, patents).
3. Cover letter stating your interests and why you want to become part of AC3E.
4. Documentation accrediting the possession of a PhD or Doctoral degree.
5. Letter of reference or a list of 2 referees that might be contacted.
*All documents should be provided in English and as one PDF file.
- • The duration of the Postdoctoral fellow will be up to 2 years.
• The salary is competitive and depends on the experience and productivity record of the
applicant. Applicants are expected to live and work in Chile.
• Please use the email subject: POSTDOC POSITION Control and Automation - AC3E
• The deadline to submit applications is May 31th, 2017.
• Results will be informed on June 19th, 2017.
• Postdoctoral activities should begin as soon as possible after notification of acceptance.